Note: This is not a commercial site.
This site is solely maintained by the author of this site. The maintenance cost and the development cost is borne by the author and is shared by voluntary donors who are satisfied users of Kiran fonts.
Please be aware that KF-Kiran Fonts are NOT UNICODE Based and do not work on plain text Internet sites such as facebook. You can use these fonts for artistic purpose in any Windows application that supports font formatting such as Word, Powerpoint, Paint shop and so on
Only 2 Minutes and Have these great benefits for FREE!
* Email / Chat in Hindi / Marathi.
* Much Easier and Convenient than any UNICODE FONT KEYBOARD / IME.
* Ability to Write in the same manner and sequence as you woulf write on paper.
* Works effortlessly and correctly in all programs such as Word, Excel, Pagemaker, Photoshop, etc.
* No Need to memorise Keyboard Layout. Practice for 15-20 mins will make you profficient in typing
* Although designed for Windows, works effortlessly in Windows, Macintosh and Linux as well.
* Since this is based on ASCII standard which is universally accepted by all modern computers, it will continue to work on old, current and future generations of computers.
* Since the font file is pretty small compared to Unicode font, it can be sent by email easily.
* Kiran fonts are available FREE of cost, hence, its use and distribution is perfectly valid unlike other fonts.
* For Desk Top Publishing, Kiran fonts provide 5 FREE fonts and 5 additional fonts for a small price.
* Many Hindi, Marathi, Nepali News channels, Daily Publications, Picture Sub-titling, Captions, Advertising agencies all over the world use Kiran Fonts for their day-to-day needs.
* With Kiran Fonts, you can write all JODAKSHARs in many ways but at least one option is available.
* You can write according to your own free will and not depend on the behaviour of any other software that is required by other fonts including fonts based on unicode.
* In Kiran Font, all keyboard keys have a meaningfull shape/sign and it does not get altered due to other contextual characters.
* You can easily convert the text written in Unicode into Kiran Font by using FREE 'Conversion Utilities'.
* Do not need any advanced computer or technical skills. It can even work on Windows 3.1 version (If you have one!)
From Author's Desk ....
Welcome to the site that get the largest hits for Devnagari Font Downloads. You can leverage the site to the maximum and feel free to provide your genuine feedback.
Here goes a brief history about this site.
I started this initiative way back in 1999 when i myself was looking for a good Marathi font. Did a lot of research but could not find a font that had all the features that I wanted to have and was available FREE! I must give credit to the Shivaji family fonts that was the closest match for my findings then but it had its own limitations in terms of quality and some other keyboard mapping that I found not user friendly. Also CDAC had good quality fonts available in their demo software provided. However, it always required their software in order to use it in any program.
I then gave up and took the challenge of developing a font myself. Its a painstaking process but ultimately I thought I have to do it! I commited myself to this task and created my first font Kiran.ttf that became popular in my friends circle. Then I made an official release of the same in late 1999.
In 2000, I registered kiranfont.com and made it available to all, Open for everybody, FREE of charge, no bars and since then managed to keep it that way so far! It got so wildspread and popular among all masses that I've had to upgrade the download infrastructure multiple times to support the hits I'm continued to get.
Around 2004, I created 7 Premium fonts with some enhanced features that are still available on paid basis.
On 15th January 2008, the first 3 Premium Fonts are also made FREE to public.
On 15th January 2012, Total of 5 Fonts are made FREE to public which is what the current version of the Kiran font you get from this site.
I was hoping that unicode would solve the challenges working on computers in Devnagari and I can gracefully shutdown my activity but unfortunately, the picture is rather complicated...
If you have reached here so far, thanks for reading. I've started sharing my thoughts on unicode devanagari at http://unidevmarathi.blogspot.com. Please feel free to comment / question on any of the topics or by sending an email to me.
Meanwhile, go ahead and explore the site and enjoy your day. All of the resources on this site are FREE except the Premium fonts. The Only reason I ask your email address in the download form is to keep spurious downloaders at bay that eats up my sites's bandwidth and that's not FREE for me :o)
So what's Kiran font has to offer to you?
Site Version 1.0 Released on 1 May 2001
Site Version 2.0 Released on 11 May 2005 (Akshay Trutiya)
Update on 15 January 2008 (Makar Sankrant) to release 3 KF-Kiran fonts FREE for public.
Update on 23 December 2009 to provide Site History on from page
Update on 18 January 2012 updated Site History on this page for 2 more FREE fonts and 1 more Paid Font.
Please send all the comments to